My words today are some infill about my characters. For example, I have been able to add the description to various scenes based on finding this shop and using it as the basis for the butcher’s shop that Otto’s family had. I chose this particular property for several reasons:
- It is a butcher’s shop, so it’s realistic.
- The building is old and so would have been there in 1938.
- It’s in the right district – to be able to weave Paris into the story, Otto had to live in the French district.
- The shop is on a corner and has two entrances, which is an important part of the plot.
- It has a yard and probably had its own slaughterhouse, points which are mentioned in the novel.
Today’s addition to the playlist represents the cherries that Otto used to pick for Violet, in happier days before it all went wrong. And he does have a friend called Fritz.
Word count for day 28: 2,443; cumulative word count: 58,996
NaNoWriMo Playlist – Track 28
Suzel, bon di from L’amico Fritz by Pietro Mascagni